We all need some sunshine and rainbows, so we’re sharing 4 ways to brighten your afternoon at home, starting off with our Allergy Friendly, Gluten Free Rainbow Donuts Baking Kit!
Rainbow Donuts Baking Kit
If you’re looking for a FUN indoor baking activity, then this baking kit is for you! Little GF Chefs will learn how to make the most delicious donuts, rainbow frosting and how to pipe beautiful flower patterns with this baking kit…YUM! Gray skies, see ya later!!
The Rainbow Donuts Kit makes 12 rainbow donuts (6 donuts cut in half) and includes:
· 6-Cavity Silicone Donut Pan
· Donut Mix
· Frosting Sugar Mix
· Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple Plant-based Food Coloring
· Stainless Steel Star Decorating Tip
· 7 piping bags
· Recipe instructions and detailed ingredients cards
Don’t miss out on the fun!
Make a Rainbow on the Wall
Using a small mirror and a clear glass, you can make a beautiful rainbow on the wall.
Safety note before you get started: Just like you should never look directly into the sun, be sure that you do not look directly into the reflection from the mirror. It can damage your eyes.
- Fill the glass with water.
- Put the mirror into the water inside the glass at an angle.
- Position the glass so that sunlight shines directly at the mirror.
- Look for a reflection on the wall (easier to see in a darker room so turn off your lights)
- You may have to move the mirror around to find the right angle so that the rainbow appears on the wall.
Make a Rainbow with a CD
This one is so simple! Just hold a CD up to some sunlight (or use a flashlight in a darker room) and you’ll see a rainbow on the CD appear!
Make Rainbows with a Glass of Water
Did you know light splits into a rainbow when it goes through water? Yes, it’s true! To make your rainbow, you’ll need to do the steps below in a very sunny room or a darkened room with a flashlight or strong direct light source.
- Take a piece of paper and cut a ¼-1/2 inch slit into the middle of it.
- Tape this onto the side of a smooth/clear drinking glass so that the sun’s rays can pass through the opening onto the SURFACE of the water in the glass.
- Make sure that the glass of water is very full. Place the glass on a white floor or white piece of paper, making sure the sun’s rays are shining through the slot in your paper and hitting the surface of the water.
- You should see a mini-rainbow appear below the glass!