Happiness is a freshly baked allergy friendly, gluten free bagel and we’re all about bringing happiness to your doorstep!! Our brand new mini bagels baking kit is shipping nationwide and we can’t wait for you to start baking memories in the kitchen!
Mini Bagels Baking Kit is Here
Star Bakers are going to have so much hands-on fun with our Mini Bagels Baking Kit!! From making the dough and watching it rise to shaping, dunking and baking their bagels, there will be plenty of chemistry and fine motor skill building!
Here’s what’s included in our Mini Bagels Baking kit. Scroll down for 10 ways to top your bagel and freezing storage tips.
The Mini Bagels Baking Kit makes 8 bagels and includes:
- Skimmer/Strainer tool
- Bagels mix
- Gluten free instant yeast
- Sprinkling flour
- Optional add in: Cinnamon sugar mix and raisins
- Recipe instructions and detailed ingredients cards
How to Freeze Your Bagels
Don’t want to eat all 8 of your mini bagels at once? No problem. The bagels freeze really well, so you can bake once and have breakfast for a week! Yes!!!!
To get the bagels ready for the freezer, first let the bagels cool once they’re finished baking. Next, slice them in half and place them in an airtight container or freezer bag.
When you’re ready to reheat a bagel, simply let it sit on the counter for 10 minutes at room temperature. Then place it in the oven or toaster and it will come out toasted and perfectly warm. If you’re using the oven, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place bagel directly on the rack or on a baking sheet, and bake for 5 minutes.
10 Ways to Flavor or Top Bagels!
While kids often prefer plain bagels, it can be fun to change up the flavors or add toppings after they’re baked. Here are 10 delicious ways to flavor your plain bagels or top them!
- Cinnamon Raisin Bagels – These instructions are included with your baking kit, along with the cinnamon sugar mix and raisins packet. Not a fan of raisins? See simple instructions to make cinnamon sugar bagels in option 4 below.
- Poppy Seed Bagels – Place 1/3 cup poppy seeds in a small bowl. After you brush the bagels with olive oil (right before baking), dip the tops of your bagels in the bowl to cover with poppy seeds. Follow the rest of the instructions in your mini bagels baking kit.
- Blueberry Bagels – Once you finish mixing the bagel dough together, add ½ cup dried or fresh blueberries to the mixing bowl. Fold them in gently with a spatula. Knead the dough (squeeze with your hands) into a ball. Then place in another bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap and follow the rest of the recipe instructions in your mini bagels baking kit.
- Cinnamon Sugar Bagels – Using the cinnamon sugar packet that’s included in your baking kit, simply dip the top of your bagels in a bowl of cinnamon sugar after you brush them with olive oil. This is the last step right before you bake them in the oven. Follow the rest of the instructions in your mini bagels baking kit.
- Everything Bagels – please note: the following seasoning recipe does contain sesame seeds. You can make it without the sesame seeds or with the sesame seeds if your family can safely eat them. In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons poppy seeds, 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon of minced dried onion, 1 tablespoon minced dried garlic, 2 teaspoons of coarse salt. After you brush the bagels with olive oil (right before baking), dip the tops of your bagels in the bowl to cover with “everything” seasoning. Follow the rest of the instructions in your mini bagels baking kit.
- Chocolate Chip Bagels – Place 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips in a small bowl. Once the dough has risen and been divided into 8 equal pieces, add about ½ tablespoon of chocolate chips to each piece of dough. Squeeze the dough and roll it into your hands to make a ball. Then continue following the instructions in your mini bagels baking kit.
- Salt Bagels – Place 1/4 cup salt in a small bowl. After you brush the bagels with olive oil (right before baking), dip the tops of your bagels in the bowl to cover with salt, or for a less salty option sprinkle the tops of your bagels instead of dipping them. Follow the rest of the instructions in your mini bagels baking kit.
- Pizza Bagels – Once your bagels are finished baking and cool, slice them in half. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Top with marinara sauce, dairy free cheese, and veggies or pepperoni. Place in oven on top of baking sheet and bake until the cheese melts, about 5-7 minutes.
- Bagel Sandwich – Turn your bagels into your favorite sandwich and enjoy them for lunch! The topping ideas are endless, but some of our favorites are ham and dairy free cheese, or another favorite is a bacon, lettuce and tomato “bagelwich”!
- Sunflower Butter & Jelly – Slice your bagels in half. If they’re warm and freshly baked spread sunflower butter and jelly on top. Or if you prefer your bagels with a toasted crunch, toast them in the oven or in your toaster first and then spread your sunflower butter and jelly on top. Not a fan of jelly? We also like making them with just the sunflower butter, sliced bananas and a drizzle of honey on top…YUM!